The Wyoming Office of Tourism
The travel and hospitality industry is the second largest industry in the State of Wyoming. Visitors stimulate the local economy and benefit hotels, meeting facilities, attractions, restaurants, cultural institutions, tour companies, transportation providers, local farmers, and countless other businesses.
As an industry partner, what you do each and every day to support tourism matters to everyone in our Great State! Our goal at WOT is to provide you with resources to support the work that you do!
2016 WY Travel Generated Impacts
- Domestic and international visitors in Wyoming spent $3.2 billion in 2016.
- Wyoming welcomed 8.5 million overnight visitors.
- Visitor spending directly affected Wyoming's economy by generating $171 million in local and state tax revenues.
- The state's tourism industry supported 31,770 full and part-time jobs.
- Each Wyoming household would pay $730 more in taxes without the tax revenue generated by the travel and tourism industry.
Source: Dean Runyan Associates, WY Travel Impact Report, April 2017 Click here for the report