The Wyoming Office of Tourism
The travel and hospitality industry is the second largest industry in the State of Wyoming. Visitors stimulate the local economy and benefit hotels, meeting facilities, attractions, restaurants, cultural institutions, tour companies, transportation providers, local farmers, and countless other businesses.
As an industry partner, what you do each and every day to support tourism matters to everyone in our Great State! Our goal at WOT is to provide you with resources to support the work that you do!
2015 WY Travel Generated Impacts
- Domestic and international visitors in Wyoming spent $3.3 billion in 2015.
- The state's tourism industry supported nearly 32,000 full and part-time jobs, a number that represents 12% of Wyoming's workforce.
- Without the travel generated tax revenues, each household in Wyoming would have had to pay an additional $730 in taxes.
- Overnight visitation continued to grow in 2015 and Wyoming welcomed a record 10.5 million visitors. This represents an 4.2% increase from 2014. 
- Visitor spending directly affects Wyoming's economy by generating $170 million in local and state tax revenues. 
 Source: SMARI, 2015 Overnight Visitor Profile Research Click here for the full report
 Source: Dean Runyan Associates, Travel Impact Report, April 2016 Click here for the full report